MENTAL HEALTH & WELLBEING
Pupils' wellbeing is at the centre of everything we do at Aston St Mary's Primary School.
MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING
We promote positive wellbeing across all aspects of school life. There are times when we all feel the strain. As parents and carers, there are ways we can support children and young people to give them the best chance to stay mentally healthy.
- https://www.healthyyoungmindsinherts.org.uk/parents-and-carers – resources, advice and support.
- YoungMinds is a national charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of young people
- NHS Choices has information about mental health for young people, parents and carers
- Kooth.com offers free, confidential online counselling support for children and young people in Hertfordshire aged 10-25
- My CAMHS Choices has information and short films on mental health services
- Childline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- BEAT eating disorders charity offers a helpline for young people and adults
- MindEd for Families resources and hints and tips on child and adolescent emotional and mental health
Parents can make referrals for the School Nurse (or let Mrs Dean know if you would like this done on your behalf). This website also contains other resources which you may find useful.